Welcome to Quality Expo International 2003
Business didn’t get any easier for most of us during the past 12 months, and the outlook seems to indicate a slow recovery around the corner.
So why are you here? There are, of course, a number of possible reasons, but chances are that you are here to improve your business performance in some way. In line with this commitment, we recognize that quality is a competitive weapon, and those of you who know how to use it best will thrive.
Did you come:
To seek new suppliers? There are more than 350 suppliers demonstrating their latest products and services. That’s a daunting number, but we’ve laid the show out carefully, and there are plenty of signs to help you navigate.
To see the latest products? Every exhibitor has something new to show you. We’ve tried to make it easier by categorizing products and services available in the show program, on the floor plan and with signs in the halls. In addition, look for the Quality Central area where exhibitors will be delivering product presentations nonstop throughout the show, complete with time for questions and answers.
To improve your knowledge and skills?
We are proud to offer two world-class keynote sessions this year, for no charge:
- Scott Ventrella, practice leader at Excel Partnership, will deliver his address, “Firing on All Cylinders—Managing the Human Side of Business Process Improvement,” on Tuesday, April 15, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Jack West, chairman of US TAG to ISO/TC #176, will discuss “The State of Quality Management Systems in the Automotive Industry,” on Wednesday, April 16, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
We have six main educational tracks with more than 30 sessions. Choose from a single session or a full pass for all sessions. The track titles are:
- Metrology Toolbox
- Management Practices
- Shop-Floor Applications
- Certification Issues
- Statistical Savvy
- Test and Analysis
Specialized workshops. If you want to mix your supplier and product search with some “rolled-up sleeve” workshops, choose from the following:
- Quick-Start Project Management Secrets for Quality Engineers and Professionals. Tuesday, April 15, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Lean Business Simulations. Offered on both Tuesday and Wednesday, April 15 and 16, from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Kaizen Blitz on the Shop Floor. Tuesday, April 15, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
We know you will be looking for ideas, solutions and hopefully you’ll walk away with some benefits you didn’t even anticipate. Expect the unexpected.
Many of us involved in U.S. manufacturing have experienced a tough climate during the past 24 months, but we are still here. At the time of writing this piece, the industrial production rose in November and is 1.8% above the November 2001 level. Capacity utilization has shown 1.1% growth from November 2001 to November 2002. The Purchasing Managers’ Index is running at 54.7. This shows the strongest confidence level of the past six months. We all know there are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics!
But one thing’s for sure, we will be here to welcome you back to Rosemont from April 19 to 21, 2005, and before that we’d be delighted to welcome you to Quality Expo Detroit scheduled for June 9 to 10, 2004. In the meantime, we hope that your visit to Quality Expo International helps you prosper in 2003.