• LTI Metrology, a division of Laboratory Testing Inc. (Hatfield, PA), has added torque wrenches to its list of calibrations accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation. Accreditation was previously granted to the laboratory to perform a wide range of dimensional calibrations including gage blocks, length standards, calipers, outside micrometers, indicators, pin gages, plugs, thread wires and solid rings.
• A University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI) research laboratory for the study of biologic and materials sciences has selected an Admet (Norwood, MA) materials tensile testing machine with Windows-based software. The lab selected Admet's eXpert 4501-M low force universal testing machine to provide repeatable flexure and break tests.
• Certech Inc., a subsidiary of Carpenter Technology Corp. (Wyomissing, PA), has achieved ISO 9001: 2000 certification at its Wilkes-Barre, PA, facility.
• Cognex Corp. (Natick, MA), a supplier of machine vision systems, has received an order in excess of $2 million from Accretech. Accretech will incorporate the vision systems into its wafer probes to perform alignment and inspection tasks on silicon wafers.
• Siemens Power Generation (Orlando, FL) has achieved ISO 9001 certification for more than 20 sites worldwide.
• ASI DataMyte (Plymouth, MN) and ATS (Hasselt, Belgium) have agreed to develop a long-term partnership for ASI DataMyte's Inspect implementations worldwide.