Industry Headlines

Zygo Reports Q1 Fiscal 2011 Revenues Increase 46% Over Last Year

November 11, 2010
/ Print / Reprints /
ShareMore
/ Text Size+

MIDDLEFIELD, CT--- Zygo Corp.   announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2011, ended September 30, 2010. First quarter fiscal 2011 net revenues of $31.1 M increased 46% from $21.3 Mduring the same period in the prior year reflecting improved business conditions in the overall economy for our products.

The company recorded net earnings from continuing operations attributable to Zygo for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 of $2.6 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, as compared with a loss from continuing operations attributable to Zygo of $4 M, or a $0.23 loss per diluted share, in the first quarter of fiscal 2010, an improvement of $0.38 per diluted share year over year. Net earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 were $2.7 M, or $0.16 per diluted share, as compared with a $5.8 M net loss, or a $0.34 net loss per diluted share, in the first quarter of fiscal 2010.

"The revenue growth, combined with stabilizing our operating expense levels, provided the impetus for our earnings growth year over year,” said President and CEO of Zygo Corp. Chris Koliopoulos. “With the cost reductions of the previous year in place, Zygo continues to demonstrate stronger gross margins; at 45.6%, the highest quarterly gross margin in over nine years.”

Koliopoulos says Zygo was able to restore employee compensation from reductions that had been in effect since January 2009. “Through the sacrifices our employees made to preserve the company's strengths during the downturn, we believe we have weathered the storm and are stronger for it,” he noted. “At this point, we have increased our cash and short-term marketable securities to nearly $50 million and our balance sheet remains strong."

Bookings of $34.0 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2011 increased 15% from the prior quarter, aided by significant orders in both of the company’s operating divisions. Bookings for the Metrology Solutions Division accounted for 68% of the bookings received, with the Optical Systems Division contributing the remaining 32%. Backlog rose to $47.8 million at September 30, 2010.

Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to Quality Magazine. 

You must login or register in order to post a comment.

Multimedia

Videos

Podcasts

 In honor of World Quality Month, we spoke to James Rooney, ASQ Past Chairman of the Board of Directors 2013, for his take on quality around the world.
For more information, read the ASQ Speaking of Quality column.
More Podcasts

Quality Magazine

CoverImage

2014 October

Check out the October 2014 edition of Quality Magazine for features!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

The Skills Gap

What is the key to solving the so-called skills gap in the quality industry?
View Results Poll Archive

Clear Seas Research

qcast_ClearSeas_logo.gifWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook_40.png twitter_40px.png  youtube_40px.pnglinkedin_40px.png  

eNewsletters