This Is Your Career On Quality
- Quality professionals will need to be willing to significantly change the way in which they think of their jobs and themselves.
- Stand-alone quality departments could very well be things of the past.
- The dwindling department does not spell doom for the quality professional. On the contrary, this is good news. There will be more opportunities for the quality professional in management.
- Quality professionals move into higher levels of the organization with more decision power.
- Knowledge in the humanities (psychology, sociology), business management, and knowledge transfer, will be essential.
- While the workforce continues to age, retire, or move to other professions, it is a good time for quality professionals to become coaches for organizations as well as mentors for young workers.
- Think strategically. Lead holistically.