- THE MAGAZINE
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
“Based on these encouraging numbers, we are expecting a sold out Show,” Stevens predicted. “And due to the steadily improving economy and sheer size of the HVACR market in the Northeast, we may set new attendance records.”
Stevens pointed out that in addition to several positive economic indicators, the last time the world’s largest HVACR Show was in New York in 2008 it established a then all-time attendance record of more than 39,000 visitors with over 6,400 buyers coming from 138 countries. Including exhibitor personnel, the total number of attendees reached over 57,600. Although the 2012 AHR Expo in Chicago barely eclipsed New York’s record number of visitors, show management is optimistic that the 2014 New York Show could regain the all-time attendance record based on the following statistics and forecasts:
- The Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI) forecasts the HVAC sector will increase 4% in 2013 and another 7% in 2014.
- The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) forecasts that single-family construction will grow 30% in 2014 on top of a 22% growth in 2013.
- Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) predicts that nonresidential construction spending will expand 5.2% in 2013.
- The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) Contractor Comfort Index rose to 60 in January – anything over 50 reflects anticipated growth.
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Architecture Billings Index (ABI) climbed to 54.2% in January, signifying its strongest growth in 5 ½ years.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers is expected to grow 34% from 2010 to 2020, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Some of the largest ASHRAE chapters are located in the Northeast (ASHRAE’s Winter Conference is held in conjunction with AHR Expo).
- The largest chapters of several HVAC and building services organizations are located in the Northeast (USGBC, ASPE, NAHB, ACCA, AIA, IAQA, etc.)
AHR Expo is endorsed by 32 of the leading HVACR industry associations and is co-sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). The Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) is an honorary sponsor.
For more information visit the Show’s website at www.ahrexpo.com.