Leak Testing Gets a Bump from Lean Manufacturing, KANBAN
Making lean manufacturing even leaner.
- Customer (downstream) processes withdraw items in the precise amounts specified by the KANBAN.
- Supplier (upstream) produces items in the precise amounts and sequences specified by the KANBAN.
- No items are made or moved without a KANBAN.
- A KANBAN should accompany each item, every time.
- Defects and incorrect amounts are never sent to the next downstream process.
- The number of KANBANS is reduced carefully to lower inventories and to reveal problems.