Rethinking Force Measurement…for Fatigue Testing And Beyond
Force measuring instruments have come a long way. Today’s equipment opens up possibilities once in the exclusive domain of more complex systems.
Why rethink force measurement?
- Accuracy and resolution of the measuring instrument
- Unit of measurement
- Proper sample preparation and dimensions
- Linear speed of the testing apparatus
- Nature of the sample gripper or fixture
- Requirement for force measurement only or force vs. displacement
- Interpretation and storage of results
When does force measurement take a back seat?
The bottom line