The State of the Quality Profession
The first in a series of Global State of Quality Research report is out now.
Viewing the State of the Profession
- Thirty-three percent of frontline staff members receive quality measure reports on a daily basis; in contrast, only 2% of senior executives receive quality reports daily.
- There is no significant indication that the use of quality practices generally differs by region. A few variations do exist but are typically related to size, industry, or other unidentified factors.
- Service organizations are 1.6 times more likely than manufacturing organizations (31% for services vs. 19% for manufacturing) to view quality as a strategic asset and competitive differentiator.
- Manufacturing organizations are 1.5 times more likely than service organizations (78% manufacturing vs. 52% for services) to use ISO as a quality framework.
- Only 68% of organizations share product or service quality performance data with customers.