- THE MAGAZINE
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Labino AB has introduced a new Ultra-Violet (UV) inspection system called Galaxy, used primarily in Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection (FPI) and Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI). This Ultra-Violet (UV) light is a new generation product, based on LED technology, aiming to assist users that perform long and repetitive MPI/FPI tasks on metallic parts of all shapes and sizes. This inspection system is extremely light. Each unit carries a weight of just 2.2 kg (4.85 lbs), lighter than many comparable products on the market today. Each Galaxy unit is also compact in size—7.87 x 5.9 x 1.6 in.
The distinct feature of this system is that it is a modular design. Users whose inspection tasks require coverage of large areas can use this modular design system to design their own covered areas. A user can choose to expand the covered area by connecting together up to six Galaxy units, either from the long or the short side. These 72 LEDs makes it very hard for defected metals to escape the inspection. Each Galaxy unit consists of 12 UV LEDs offering a very even beam. At full capacity it generates an intensity greater than 7 000 µW/cm2 at 38 cm. This bench light is also equipped with a white light LED for after inspection.
This stationery overhead inspection system designed for Non-Destructive Testing is equipped with many other useful features such as:
- Dimmer—The UV light can be dimmed down up to 20% of its full capacity. The operator can set the intensity to his or her choice of > 1,500 > 3,000 > 4,500 > 6,000 > 7,000 µW/cm2.
- Timer—Avoid unnecessary burning time of the LEDs through a timer – set the duration of your working session to your choice of 0.5 hours, 1.0 hours, 2.0 hours, 4.0 hours, 8.0 hours.
- Cooling System—The heat generated from the LEDs is managed via a mechanical cooling system – no fans necessary!
- Remote Control—Used to remotely operate the dimmer of the UV light, the white light and the timer.
- Modular Design—Connect up to six Galaxy units together.
+46 8 83 90 70