SKOKIE, IL-Manufacturing engineers, machine builders and others in need of application-specific information on leak testing and functional testing can now access an online library of leak test and functional test applications in the recently revamped InterTech Development Co. Web site, www.intertechdevelopment.com.
InterTech Development, a provider of applications engineering for leak test, functional test and test-intensive test and assembly operations, is making this applications library available to help companies involved in assembly and test gain a better understanding of how factors such as fixture design, systems integration and customization of test instruments bear on gage repeatability and reproducibility in real-world applications.
Some of the test applications initially included in the library are:
- High-pressure mass flow leak testing of cylinder valves.
- Automatic calibration and test of a family of pressure switches at a rate of 200 pph.
- Fixture design facilitating leak tests of large, thin, flexible exhaust recuperator components.
- Audit burst test stand for heat exchangers and hoses tested with a programmable pressurization cycle.
- Balloon diameter gaging and lumen leakage tests performed at a rate of 310 pph.
In addition to the applications library, the company’s Web site includes brief primers on various test methods and a communication channel to InterTech’s Application Lab for more in-depth consultations.