MILWAUKEE-The American Society for Quality (ASQ) has named 30 teams from around the world as finalists in its 24th annual International Team Excellence Awards Competition.
Teams from a broad spectrum of industries, including manufacturing and healthcare, are vying for the ASQ Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards, which showcase those companies that shine in creating innovative solutions and organizational cost-savings.
The live presentations take place May 18 to 20, 2009, at ASQ’s annual World Conference on Quality and Improvement at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Winners will be recognized during an awards ceremony Wednesday, May 20.
Since 1985, more than 830 teams from Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Colombia, India, Japan, Mexico, Philippines, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand and the United States have participated in this outstanding team-recognition process.
The following finalists have been invited to participate in the 2009 International Team Excellence Awards:
- Alcoa Inc., Bettendorf, IA
- Alcoa Inc., Aloca, TN
- Alcoa Aluminio, Pocos de Caldas, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Aldine Independent School District, Houston, TX
- Allegheny Energy Inc., Greensburg, PA
- Anheuser-Busch Packaging Group, St. Louis, MO
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- The Boeing Company, Long Beach, CA (four teams)
- Continental Automotive Guadalajara México, S.A. de C.V., Tlaquepaque, Jalisco, Mexico
- Fabrinet Co., Ltd., Lamlookka, Patumthanee Thailand
- HD Supply-Facilities Maintenance, San Diego, CA
- Healthways, Franklin, TN
- Hospira, Costa Rica, Heredia, La Aurora Costa Rica
- Humana Inc., Louisville, KY (two teams)
- Littelfuse Phils. Inc., Lipa City-Malvar, Batangas, Philippines
- Mabe, Celaya, Guanajuato, Mexico
- Medrad Inc., Warrendale, PA
- MWM International Motores, São Paulo & Canoas, SP/RS Brazil
- North Broward Medical Center, Deerfield Beach, FL
- Oshkosh Defense, Oshkosh, WI
- Pershing LLC, Jersey City, NJ
- Sterlite Industries (I) Limited, Silvassa and Dadra & Nagar Haveli, India
- Taranto San Juan S.A., Las Chacritas, San Juan, Argentina
- U.S. Naval Ship Repair Facility and Japan Regional Maintenance Center, Sasebo and Yokosuka, Japan (two teams)
- Wyndham Title Services, Orlando, FL
For more information on the American Society for Quality (ASQ), visit www.asq.org