Source: Bunting Magnetics
NEWTON, KS-Kansas Governor Mark Parkinson signed a proclamation recognizing August 3, 2009, as the 50th anniversary of the founding of Bunting Magnetics Co. The signing ceremony was held at the State Capitol in Topeka, KS.
Attending the ceremony was Robert J. Bunting, Sr., president of Bunting Magnetics Co., Barbara Bunting, Robert’s wife, and Molly Claassen, their daughter. The proclamation highlighted the 30 years that Bunting has been headquartered in Newton, KS.
“As we celebrate this important milestone, we would like to thank the Governor for taking his time to recognize this achievement,” stated Robert J. Bunting, Sr. “Also, we would like to thank our customers, supply partners and, most importantly, all of our current and past employees. Our first 50 years has been a profile in growth and innovation. Now and in the future, we are striving to keep improving and build upon the legacy that has been established throughout our company history.”
On August 3, 1959, Walter and June Bunting founded Bunting Magnetics Co. in Chicago, IL. The original location, on Chicago’s north side, was a 500-square-foot office on Fullerton Avenue. The company started as a stocking distributor for cast Alnico magnets and small ceramic magnet assemblies designed for industrial use.
Now, nearly 50 years later, Bunting has established itself as an industry-leading manufacturer in several product lines. The company, headquartered in Newton, KS, has expanded to seven major locations including its Flexible Die Division in Newton, KS; Magnet Materials Division in Elk Grove Village, IL; Magnet Applications Limited (MAL) manufacturing operation in Berkhamsted, England; Magnet Application Inc. in Dubois, PA; the purchasing office for Bunting China located in Ningbo, China; and the official licensee in Boronia Victoria, Australia, Alpha Magnetics Pty Ltd.
For more information, call (800) 835-2526 or visit www.buntingmagnetics.com