BARRINGTON, NJ - Edmund Optics was recently ranked 27th of mid-sized firms in a survey about Top Workplaces in the Philadelphia region. The Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News Top Workplaces Survey 2010 was conducted in September 2009 and surveyed more than 131,000 employees in 170 companies of various sizes. Ranking was based solely on the surveys submitted by the company employees.
The companies profiled on Top Workplaces were selected following a survey of their employees and only the companies that employees rated as the best companies to work for are featured here
Employees were sent a 21 question survey asking them for their opinions on six areas of the workplace. Ranking was based on their responses.
- Assessment of the company's values, leaders & future
- Assessment of how the company communicates & gets work done
- Opportunity for training & progression
- Assessment of working atmosphere & working environment
- Quality of managers and their managerial skills
- Assessment of employee compensation for the work done
Employees at Edmund Optics responded enthusiastically about career growth potential, challenging work opportunities, and cross-department training. Management is also praised as being caring, motivating, and having a pulse on the industry.
Robert Edmund, president and chief executive officer, applauds the loyalty and hard work of both the employees and management, "When you have a management that is totally supportive of their employees, it is a win-win situation all around!"