Featured Stories

Vision & Sensors - Lenses

Imaging Lenses Explained

Understand what you can expect to achieve from your imaging lens.
September 11, 2013
Last time we discussed resolution, working distance, depth of field and field of view, and this time we will be diving into distortion, relative illumination and telecentricity.
Read More
Case Study

Portable Metrology Empowers Hendrick Motorsports to Push Performance Envelope

Hexagon Metrology CMMs Provide Fast Lane Measurement and Inspection
September 11, 2013
At the competitive edge of every professional sport, the margins of victory are tiny differences in energy, efficiency, skill and physical configuration.
Read More
Other Dimensions

Practical Checks on Measurements

Is there a way to improve calibration—without ramping up costs?
September 11, 2013
Many companies have their equipment calibrated on a regular basis and believe all will be well until they are calibrated again.
Read More
Vision & Sensors - High-Speed Imaging

Advanced Camera Features Boost High-Speed Imaging

A long list of attributes helps distinguish one camera from another.
September 10, 2013
When looking at high end industrial cameras, there are many obvious attributes that distinguish the cameras from one another.
Read More
Legal Insight

Conducting Workplace Investigations

Follow these steps in planning investigations.
September 10, 2013
Managers should be capable of addressing accusations of employment discrimination and harassment.
Read More
Case Study

Multi-Sensor Machine Allows Two Measurements in One Setup

View in several directions.
September 9, 2013
Measuring injection molded parts from the top and from the side in one setup has been impossible for medical device manufacturer Balda Medical, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany, until now.
Read More
Face of Quality

The Value of a Certified Quality Professional

Certification benefits both you and your organization.
September 9, 2013
In my April 2013 column, I explained Ten Reasons to Invest in Yourself. Due to the number of comments and follow up questions, I thought it worthwhile to do a sequel.
Read More
Software & Analysis

Industrial CT Supports GD&T

Industrial computed tomography can help with your GD&T projects.
September 6, 2013
Manufacturers of complex component parts understand all too well how important it is to acquire an accurate and precise scale of measurement to check their parts to specification and establish conformity with the data.
Read More
Management

13 Steps to Get Ahead

Follow these best practices to get results in your career.
September 3, 2013

In every place I’ve worked, I’ve noticed a handful of patterns. Some people seem to fit in well, do their work, and usually get the perks—opportunities, raises and promotions.

Read More
Measurement

The Shape of Things to Come: A Look at the New ISO Form Standards

These standards may have a significant impact on how some companies specify, measure and manufacture parts.
September 3, 2013
In August of 2011 I made a presentation to our sales team on how we had incorporated the new ISO Geometrical Product Specifications into our operating software for all of our form tester products.
Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Podcasts

In honor of World Quality Month, we spoke to James Rooney, ASQ Past Chairman of the Board of Directors 2013, for his take on quality around the world.
For more information, read the ASQ Speaking of Quality column.
More Podcasts

Quality Magazine

CoverImage

2014 July

Check out the July 2014 edition of Quality Magazine for features!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

The Biggest Obstacle/Concern?

In the current economic and business climate, what is the biggest obstacle/concern to your job?
View Results Poll Archive

Clear Seas Research

qcast_ClearSeas_logo.gifWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

eNewsletters

STAY CONNECTED

facebook_40.png twitter_40px.png  youtube_40px.pnglinkedin_40px.png