Management

Speaking of Quality

Recalls and Violations

There's more than one way to implement quality--correctly or not
Searching over headlines, it is difficult to believe there is quality in American products and services.
Read More
Legal Insight

Conducting Workplace Investigations

Follow these steps in planning investigations.
Managers should be capable of addressing accusations of employment discrimination and harassment.
Read More
Face of Quality

The Value of a Certified Quality Professional

Certification benefits both you and your organization.
In my April 2013 column, I explained Ten Reasons to Invest in Yourself. Due to the number of comments and follow up questions, I thought it worthwhile to do a sequel.
Read More

From the Editor: Connections

The go-between for people and machine.

Connections. Making them is a part of our work and personal lives.

Read More
Management

13 Steps to Get Ahead

Follow these best practices to get results in your career.

In every place I’ve worked, I’ve noticed a handful of patterns. Some people seem to fit in well, do their work, and usually get the perks—opportunities, raises and promotions.

Read More
Management

Get Smart About Green Manufacturing

Learn how to minimize manufacturing’s environmental impact.

Green manufacturing doesn’t have to involve solar power and wind turbines. It can be turning equipment to a lower setting when not in use, switching the lighting, or even changing a plant’s operating hours in order to save electricity.

Read More
Speaking of Quality

Charting The Process With the Help of a Turtle

Map the process. Chart the process. Get the turtle!

Process maps and flowcharts are essential for your QMS. However, these tools are mistaken for the same tool and used interchangeably.

Read More
Management

Lean Manufacturing Processes Have Measurable Results

American and Asian manufacturers view the lean philosophy differently.

According to Smith, lean is not just for manufacturing but it is a philosophy that can be applied to any environment to reduce waste.

Read More
Legal Insight

Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures

Learn more about these expansion strategies—and the risks involved.

Suppose a company wants to expand into a foreign market or combine its product with that of another firm. One of the quickest and most effective ways to accomplish this is through a strategic alliance or joint venture (JV) with another business.

Read More
Face of Quality

Foundation for Defect-Based Metrics

Two questions form the foundation for a defect-based metric system.

A defect happens when the outcome of any process, whether to manufacture a product or provide a service, does not produce the expected outcome.

Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Podcasts

Charles J. Hellier has been active in the technology of nondestructive testing and related quality and inspection fields since 1957. Here he talks with Quality's managing editor, Michelle Bangert, about the importance of training.
More Podcasts

Quality Magazine

CoverImage

2014 October

Check out the October 2014 edition of Quality Magazine for features!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

The Skills Gap

What is the key to solving the so-called skills gap in the quality industry?
View Results Poll Archive

Clear Seas Research

qcast_ClearSeas_logo.gifWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications,Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook_40.png twitter_40px.png  youtube_40px.pnglinkedin_40px.png  

eNewsletters