Smart 3D Imager Arrays: A New Class of Automated Metrology for In-Process Measurement
Date: On Demand Through March 29, 2017
Duration: 60 minutes, including LIVE Q&A
Are you interested in improving productivity, minimizing integration and infrastructure costs, or automating metrology processes? The 3-dimensional imager array is a new automated metrology sensor system that provides easy integration onto the production floor and promises to significantly streamline in-line quality control and improve inspection cycle times. The price, flexibility and capability of this new solution makes it a cost-effective tool that delivers a rapid return on investment in a variety of metrology and reverse engineering applications.
The recently-released FARO Cobalt Array 3D Imager is a metrology-grade, 3D measurement solution using structured light technology. The FARO Cobalt supports multiple deployment options including manual configurations using a tripod and/or rotary table and automated configurations on a robot or within industrial inspection cells. Now equipped with on-board processing – an industry first – the FARO Cobalt 3D Imager can easily be combined into multi-imager arrays, allowing an unlimited number of 3D imagers to scan simultaneously into a single computer. This array configuration can dramatically reduce cycle time by expanding the imaging field of view in both fixed and robotic installations.
Register for this webinar to:
- Learn about structured light technology and its use in metrology-grade 3D measurement.
- Understand the features of the FARO Cobalt Array 3D Imager that enable you to capture millions of high-resolution 3D data points on complex parts with varying colors, textures, and reflectivity.
- Learn how to integrate this technology into your unique workflow – including the multi-imager array, robot installation, inspection cell, or manual deployment.
- Discuss key applications including dimensional inspection and reverse engineering applications on parts, assemblies, and tools of varying size.
- Evaluate this technology in comparison to other 3D measurement solutions in terms of technical specifications, application suitability, workflow compatibility, and return on investment.
Can't attend live? Register to view the webinar on-demand!