- THE MAGAZINE
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
Juran's Quality Handbook: The Complete Guide to Performance Excellence 6/e
The definitive quality management compendium--revised for the first time in a decade
For more than 50 years, Juran's Quality Handbook has been the singular essential reference to quality management and engineering. The Sixth Edition--the first revision of the Handbook in 10 years--forges a new standard in tools for quality. Bringing leaders, managers, master and black belts, and engineers the most up-to-date methods, research, and tools, under the guidance of a team of the world's top experts, this authoritative resource shows how to apply universal methods for delivering superior results and organizational excellence in any organization, industry, country, or process.
Juran's Quality Handbook, sixth edition covers:
- Leadership--what everyone needs to know about managing for superior quality and results
- Methods--the most effective methods and tools for attaining superior results, such as Lean, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, Continuous Innovation, and more
- Industry applications--effectively applying quality management
- The roles of key functions--such as quality professionals, research and development, supply chain, and governance--and what they must carry out to attain superior results in an organization
- Performance excellence--pragmatic roadmaps, templates, and tools to aid in developing an effective and sustainable performance excellence system
Joseph M. Juran was the international thought leader in the quality management field for more than 70 years and continues to be considered the father of modern day quality management. He named the universal concept of the “vital few and the useful many" as the Pareto Principle, which we know today as the 80-20 rule. As an original member of the Board of Overseers, Dr. Juran helped to create the U.S. Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. He was the founder of Juran Institute, Inc. and author of more than 20 books.
Joseph A. De Feo is a leading quality management practitioner and successor to Dr. Juran as President of Juran, Inc. He is recognized worldwide for his expertise in enabling organizations to achieve organizational excellence. Mr. De Feo’s varied areas of expertise include coaching executives to understand key factors in driving organization-wide change programs and deploying breakthrough management principles like Lean, Six Sigma, strategic planning, and business process improvement.