Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management, Second Edition
A Proven 10-Step Solution Process to Identify and Solve Supply Chain Problems Using the Latest Lean Methods
Fully revised to cover recent dramatic developments in supply chain improvement methodologies, this strategic guide brings together the Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing tools and techniques required to eliminate supply chain issues and increase profitability. This updated edition offers new coverage of enterprise kaizen events, big data analytics, customer loyalty metrics, security, sustainability, and design for excellence.
The structured 10-Step Solution Process presented in the book ensures that clear goals are established and tactical objectives are consistently met through the deployment of aligned Lean Six Sigma projects. Written by a Master Black Belt and Lean Six Sigma consultant, this practical resource also provides an inventory model and Excel templates for download at www.mhprofessional.com/LSSSCM2.
Lean Six Sigma for Supply Chain Management, Second Edition, covers:
- Lean Six Sigma applications for service, supply chain, and manufacturing systems
- Deploying Lean Six Sigma projects using Lean tools and models
- Demand management impact on Lean Six Sigma projects
- Lead time impact on Lean Six Sigma projects
- Root-cause analysis using Six Sigma Tools (with operations research methods)
- Applications to Lean Six Sigma supply chains and third-party logistics
- Big data analytics, security, and sustainability applications
- Voice of the Customer, Kano, and loyalty metrics
- Supply chain design for excellence methods
- Lean Six Sigma maturity model
About the Author:
James William Martin (Rehoboth, MA), a Lean Six Sigma consultant and Master Black Belt, is president of Six Sigma Integration, Inc. He is the author of several books and articles on quality and process improvement.