Welcoming You Back Safely
As The Quality Show leads the way in bringing together the industry back together again in-person in 2021, the health and safety of on-site event participants remains a top priority for Quality Magazine and BNP Media. In addition to following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) prevention guidelines as well as all current federal, state and local directives, we are continuing to develop and implement up-to-date protocols for a safe and successful in-person event this October.
We are committed to keeping all of our exhibitors, attendees, staff and vendors up to date with the latest developments to ensure a coordinated effort and a safe experience for all. As guidelines and restrictions change and evolve, The Quality Show will adapt plans accordingly and provide regular updates to event participants as necessary.
as of 7/19/2021
- Increasing the frequency of sanitation and disinfectant practices, particularly in high traffic and high touch areas, including handrails, washrooms, doors and doorknobs.
- Positioning hand sanitizer stations in key high-traffic areas throughout its facility.
- Increasing the strength of the disinfecting solution used.
- Increased training for building personnel to identify potential issues and prevent the transmission of COVID-19
- The Rosemont Public Safety Department, Paramedics/EMT, Event Staff and Security personnel have been educated and trained in identifying and recognizing the signs, symptoms and prevention of COVID-19.
- Remaining in close contact with local and federal authorities/agencies for the latest updates and recommendations.
Event management will implement and enforce all protocols and COVID-19 directives/mandates established by city, state, local and federal government agencies. As part of our commitment to support a safe experience, everyone in attendance, including attendees, exhibitors, vendors, building employees and event staff, are expected to comply with the following health and safety requirements:
- Face coverings – Individuals that are fully vaccinated will NOT be required to wear a face covering. Everyone else will be required to wear a properly fitted face covering while inside at the convention center. Disposable masks will be available for those that need them in the registration area.
- Increased sanitization and hygiene – Quality and BNP Media works closely with the venue and contractors to implement sanitization standards. We ask that event participants use hand sanitizer when provided to protect yourself and others around you. It is the responsibility of everyone to maintain personal hygiene, including washing hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Physical distancing – We ask that, to the best of your ability, you maintain a safe 6-foot distance from each other to ensure the well-being of others. Avoid handshakes and hugs when greeting others. Healthy You - We ask that you come to the event symptom free of illness and stay away from the convention center if you feel sick, have a temperature or generally don't feel well.
- Food & beverage – to ensure food safety and limited contact, we have eliminated self-serve stations and will be utilizing single-use plates, cups and wrapped flatware packets.
- Session seating – meeting rooms where educational sessions will be taking place will have two general seating types. Regular seat spacing (adjacent) at the front of the room and separated seating (space between seats) in the rear of the room. You are welcome to sit where you feel most comfortable.
Quality will communicate regularly with exhibitors regarding guidelines and best practices based on the latest regulations, capacity limitations and industry standards. Some current industry best practices are included in the list below:
- Staffing – no more than three (3) individuals per 100 sq. ft. of space are recommended
- Layout & Design - open booth designs to limit groups congregating in one area or creating unintentional restricted areas are encouraged.
- Physical Distancing - maximize physical distance between exhibitor staff and visitors as best possible. When a distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained, consider incorporating dividers (i.e., Plexiglas barriers) as an added measure of protection.
- Traffic – For larger island booths, it is recommended to establish one-way traffic flow with marked entrances and exits. Allow for clear and open entry and exit points.
- Throughput – control the scale, size and timing of meetings or gatherings within your space to avoid creating crowds.
- Reduce Contact - Consider touchless (electronic and digital) alternatives to engagement, collateral material and giveaways.
- Increased Cleaning - Clean machines and high-touch surfaces multiple times throughout the day
- PPE - Account for PPE apparel (e.g., staff masks, gloves, etc.) and hand sanitizer for booth staff
- Promotional Materials – Ensure promotional materials are individually packaged.
- Signage - Incorporate signage promoting health and safety best practices
Exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including The Quality Show. Before purchasing a ticket for and attending The Quality Show, ensure you have read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention. By attending The Quality Show, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, as a condition of The Quality Show, you acknowledge, understand and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- You will abide by all of The Quality Show health-and-safety requirements
- You are not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov, including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Before attending The Quality Show you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine; and
- You are not under any self-quarantine orders.
Please do not enter The Quality Show or the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at The Quality Show you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave at the sole discretion of event management.Please note: The guidelines in this document are based on information currently available regarding the behavior and characteristics of the COVID-19 virus, public health information and local or state guidelines with respect to large gatherings in any particular community. As more clarity concerning these variables emerge, these guidelines may be adjusted accordingly.