Shingo Winners Revealed
- Baxter Healthcare Corp.'s Renal Div. (Mountain Home, AR) for reducing lead time by 84% and improving on-time delivery to more than 99%.
- Benteler Automotive's Tubular Products Div. (Grand Rapids, MI) for reducing scrap by 40% and increasing inventory turns, on-time delivery and productivity.
- Ford Motor's Essex Engine Plant (Windsor, Ontario, Canada) for achieving 100% on-time delivery and improving first-time-through quality by 32% from 1996 to 2000.
- Ford's Ohio assembly plant (Avon Lake, OH) for achieving a warranty improvement of 22% on its Econoline vehicle and a 39% improvement in a "things gone wrong" customer quality survey on the Villager/Quest automobile.
- Freundeberg-NOK's plant (Cleveland, GA) for reducing scrap by 54%, increasing productivity by 27% and reducing parts per million rejection rates by 97%.
- Johnson Controls Automotive Systems Group's plant (Greenfield, OH) for achieving 98% machine utilization, averaging more than 100 inventory turns over a three-year period and reducing scrap as a percent of sales to less than 1%.