• Beta LaserMike Inc. (Dayton, OH) has received ISO 17025 accreditation. The company manufactures precision measurement and control systems for dimensional metrology markets.
• Sidney Tool & Die Inc. (Sidney, OH), a provider of precision-machined aircraft components for commercial and military aerospace applications, has achieved AS9100 certification. The company, which also achieved ISO 9001: 2000 certification, is celebrating 50 years in business.
• IBS America Inc. (Lexington, MA) has achieved ISO 9001: 2000 registration. IBS is a supplier of Internet-based software and services for industrial quality, production, laboratory and service management.
• LK (Brighton, MI) has selected Metris (Leuven, Belgium) as a strategic partner for noncontact scanning solutions. The decision to partner with Metris was endorsed by the technical potential of the new Metris XC50 Cross Scanner. LK will actively promote Metris' range of laser scanners and reverse engineering software. This strategic alliance further strengthens the existing relationship between the two companies.
• DaimlerChrysler has selected Dimensional Control Systems' (Troy, MI), Graphic Data Management software, GDM-3D, as the technology to support a key component of their enterprise quality strategy. DaimlerChrysler will implement the software throughout North America's product engineering and manufacturing. The deployment is aimed at streamlining the program execution and improving the overall quality of the final product.