Senior Marketing Management Professional (25+ years experience)
Expertise in defining and supporting the field sales process, plus the full gamut of contemporary marketing communications. Strengths include strategic planning, key account selling, winning new business, distribution channel interaction, and inter-divisional cooperation...
9 Otter Drive
Covington, KY 41017
Senior Marketing Management Professional with extensive domestic and international business-to-business experience. Known for winning new business, innovative sales support programs, and expanding existing relationships with customer-focused sales and marketing solutions. Expertise in defining and supporting the field sales process, plus the full gamut of contemporary marketing communications. Strengths include strategic planning, key account selling, winning new business, distribution channel interaction, and inter-divisional cooperation. Successful experience managing large and small budgets and staffs, integrating sales and marketing strategies, and tactical sales support. Ferocious competitor in new business capture situations. My competitive new business capture programs win rate averages over 85%.
25+ years hands-on experience at Division or Corporate level in organizational communications, marketing communications, public affairs, and press relations.
In-depth experience in winning large industrial and U.S. Government aviation and military contracts using self-designed effective strategic and tactical business and communication plans.
Deep experience with internal and external communication strategies at the CEO, national, and international level.
Able to create atmosphere of effective high morale teamwork with staffs of dissimilar background and skill levels.
Balluff Inc., Florence, Kentucky - 2002 to Present
Manager, Marketing Programs
Initiated or revitalized the entire marketing communications process at this company. Created advertising, press relations, and industry-focused business capture programs that won over $8 million in new business – a first for the company.
- Won 17 new account clients, including Lear and Bosch, using my business capture process. Achieved win rate of over 85% in metalforming, welding, assembly, and packaging industries.
- Press relations program outperformed in content and volume, the entire sensor industry.
- Nurtured entire marketing organization, using innovative internet and traditional communication strategies.
WESCO Distribution, Pittsburgh - 1998 to 2002
Manager, Marketing Programs
Created first integrated headquarters-based marketing support programs and corporate marketing communications. Supported all functions of the business, including sales.
- Helped bring in millions of new business dollars with targeted capture programs, proposals, and presentations. Won Boeing, Bayer, and The Limited, among others.
- Initiated a more effective customer retention process that never lost a customer account.
Cutler-Hammer, Eaton Corporation, Milwaukee - 1995 to 1998
Manager, Industry Marketing
Raised the professionalism and effectiveness of marketing support for the Control and Automation Group and Open Automation Systems Group, plus initiated successful support programs supporting field sales.
- Designed and executed revolutionary strategic sales proposal process that directly secured over $55 million in new business. Program had 100% success rate winning 1997 Corporate Customer Focus Marketing Excellence award.
- Replaced fragmented product-based marketing approach, initiated first “go-to-market” strategies, incorporating innovative key account techniques, and created first cohesive divisional communication strategy.
Square D Company/Groupe Schneider, Chicago - 1992 to 1995
Manager, Industrial Marketing Communications
Director, Industrial and Power Distribution Marketing Communications
Promoted from divisional to corporate level for U.S. marketing communications, sales support, and technical publications. Managed 55 person nationwide staff with $16 million budget.
- Helped increase domestic market share 3% by abandoning traditional territory and product concepts in favor of multi-tiered key account and sales support customer-responsive strategies.
- Brand advertising program gained $5 million in new business. Program aspects copied by Apple, Sylvania, and many other companies.
- Member of Schneider’s International Brand Management Committee.
GEJAC Inc., Laurel, Maryland (Data Center Management Software Company) - 1990 to 1992
Led domestic and international marketing, driving 80% increase in 1990 sales.
ITT Defense, Washington, D.C. - 1987 to 1990
Manager, Corporate Communications
Business’s first Corporate Communications Manager
- Led nation-wide multi-divisional product promotion and corporate-wide brand strategy, including corporate sales effort at Paris and Farnborough international air shows.
- Created promotion strategy for winning ultra-large U.S. Navy primary fleet defense radar contract.
- Corporate Communications activities included successfully defending company’s reputation on “60 Minutes” investigation segment, and handling adverse publicity concerning a deadly gas emission at a plant location.
Gould Electronics, Chicago - 1983 to 1987
Director, Marketing Communications, Modicon Industrial Automation Division
Directed a 13 person/$5 million unit that received more corporate marketing awards than all other divisions combined.
Manager, Marketing Communications, Defense Electronics Division
Helped win over $500 million in new US Navy contracts and perfected proposal strategy that helped the $130 Million/year division win a $2 Billion sonar contract.
Bachelor of Arts, Dartmouth College