- THE MAGAZINE
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
The companies profiled on Top Workplaces were selected following a survey of their employees and only the companies that employees rated as the best companies to work for are featured here.
Employees were sent a 21 question survey asking them for their opinions on six areas of the workplace. Ranking was based on their responses.
- Assessment of the company's values, leaders & future
- Assessment of how the company communicates & gets work done
- Opportunity for training & progression
- Assessment of working atmosphere & working environment
- Quality of managers and their managerial skills
- Assessment of employee compensation for the work done
Employees at Edmund Optics responded enthusiastically about career growth potential, challenging work opportunities, and cross-department training. Management is also praised as being caring, motivating, and having a pulse on the industry.
Robert Edmund, president and chief executive officer, applauds the loyalty and hard work of both the employees and management, "When you have a management that is totally supportive of their employees, it is a win-win situation all around!"