• Anthony Ulrich, vice president of Ulrich Metrology Inc., and Marvin A. Arcari, president of Leader Corp., both members of the American Measuring Tool Manufacturers Association, passed away in January.
• The Chicago Section of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) presented its 2003-2004 recognition and service awards at its fall meeting. Awards were presented to the following individuals and organizations:
• Kathleen Gearty received the Founder's Award in recognition for her continuing contributions to the quality profession as section secretary, chair of several committees and willing worker on behalf of section activities.
• Frank D. Straka and Homer H. Turner Jr. received service anniversary awards as they enter their 30th year of membership in ASQ.
• Special service awards were presented to Luke J. DiSilvestro, Mark Ehrlicher, Samuel Makwana, and the Examination and Proctoring Committee for their contributions to the Chicago Section's activities.
• George Alukal, Lisa M. Royal and the Four Points hotel by Sheraton received meritorious service awards for their support of the Chicago Section's continuing programs of information and education.
• Edward J. McCarthy received the distinguished service award.
• APICS, the educational society for resource management, announced its 2004 board of directors: Arnold E. Kennedy, president; Thomas J. Krupka, president-elect; Nicholas M. Testa, executive vice president; Joseph F. Shedlawski, secretary/
treasurer; Bob Collins, past president; Luis Barcon, vice president membership and chapter development; Ronald K. Althaus, vice president education development; and Wendy Kremers, vice president education development-SIGs.