Albion Devices, Inc., announced the introduction of its new, redesigned and simplified “MP 16” (Albion part # 900900) sine wave phase controller for high current applications up to 6,000 amps, capable of providing the triggering and control of one or more high current SCR diodes. In a transformer circuit this controller can be set to provide an adjustable AC or half-wave DC current.
- MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspection) control.
- Replacement for TSI (Test Systems International, Inc.) controller or most other MPI machine controllers.
- Control of any equipment requiring timed (or continuous) phase control of SCRs (up to 6,000 amps).
Features and specifications:
- Optional front panel (external) or internal controls (external shown in pictures).
- Lockable front panel option (not shown in pictures).
- Power controlled is limited by the transformer and SCRs selected.
- Current measured is dependent on the shunt used.
- SCR triggering can be set for times between .5 and 5.5 seconds duration.
- Output current is measured by the shunt and displayed on the digital panel meter.
- If the current measured is below an acceptable value, an alarm condition is shown.
- Input Power Requirements: 120-240VAC, 50/60 Hz @ 5 Amp. Amphenol Series 97 circular connector.
- Separate 2 amp fuse for PCB.
- 5 amp circuit breaker for internal and AC accessory power.
- Standard 120VAC, USA receptacle for fan
- Two independent SCR driver output connectors. Each can be used for DC or AC operation. Amphenol Series 97 circular connectors.
- Output current for SCR triggering = 300 mA clamped to 6.2 volts peak, with phase control for ampere adjustment.
- Input connector for shunt.
- Input connector for remote mag-shot operation.
- DC or AC operation with LED indicators.
- Demag function.
- ”Coil” or “Direct” switch with LED indicators.
- Digital LED current meter with “hold. True RMS reading.
- Basic accuracy is 10% AC and 5% DC, full scale.
- Infinitely adjustable, 10-turn current control pot.
- Mag shot indicator LED.
- Internal or External Mag Shot Timer function; .5 to 5.5 seconds.
- Internal or External “Low Amp Alarm” adjustment and LED indicators.
Size: 10” wide, 11.5” High, 6.5” deep. Weight: 13 lbs.
Albion Devices, Inc.