Buehler announced its latest addition to the Wilson hardness testing range, the new UH4000 Se-ries Universal Hardness Tester. This tester comes in two key configurations: UH4250 Hardness Scale 0.5-250 kgf and UH4750 Hardness Scale 3-750 kgf.
The Wilson UH4000 series is a very robust universal hardness tester, that tests Rockwell, Vick-ers, Knoop and Brinell hardness scales within the selected tester load range. Its sturdy design will withstand the toughest of production environment. The tester has a sturdy steel casting frame to en-sure durability in production and workshop environments. The hardness test process is controlled by the industry leading DiaMet software, the most intuitive hardness control software on the mar-ket to make testing easy, repeatable and automatic. With this software integration, it is an ideal test-er in QC and Process Control applications, whether it tests large or small manufactured components in the lab or directly on the production floor.
The testers feature a closed loop loading cycle for best accuracy, faster testing cycles and a new eight position turret to hold desired combination of indenters and objectives. It has a large 300 mm x 400 mm T-slot stage with high weight capacity, enabling the testing of heavy and large parts nondestructively. An optional clamping tool is available to ensure stability during the test process; both manual and automatic stage movement options are also available. Other features include:
• Small parts can be handled with precision by using the anvil adapter/extension and the 80mm flat anvil, or other anvils with a 25mm diameter anvil pin
• The clamping device can be activated and deactivated by the software, depending on the need.
• The ring light for accuracy in Brinell measurements improves the overall repeatability of soft Brinell indents
• The motorized vertical stage movement is automatic or can be moved with a safety clutched mechanical handle.
• The red target laser cross helps position test locations and indents for big parts.
• The workspace illumination ensures full visibility for test piece placement underneath the turret.
• Automate Rockwell “fast mode” by using the clamping device on sample
The UH4000 Series is designed for rugged environments and suits testing in the automotive in-dustry, metals production and large components like: Castings and forgings, flat or cylindrical work pieces, steels, heat treated materials, cemented carbides, ceramics and plastics and carbon test-ing.