- FKI Logistex (St. Louis) announces the appointments of Glen Chambers as regional director and Paul Swietlinksi as business development manager for the Canadian operations of its North American manufacturing systems unit. Chambers will focus on expanding the company's strategic position as a material handling integrator in the Canadian marketplace, emphasizing palletizing solutions for manufacturing companies. Swietlinski will strengthen ties with existing customers and develop new sales opportunities for palletizing solutions.
- Edmund Optics (Barrington, NJ) announces the appointment of Ruth Stevens, Columbia Business School marketing professor, to its board of directors. Stevens is the president of eMarketing Strategy and resides in New York.
- Christopher H. Lake has joined SRI Quality System Registrar (Wexford, PA) as vice president marketing and sales. Lake will be responsible for all marketing and sales for SRI, and for development of SRI's training division. His industry background includes automotive, high-tech, banking and finance and consumer packaged goods.
- Kandace Peterson joins Gefran ISI Inc. (Winchester, MA) as West Coast regional sales manager. Peterson, who will be based in Los Angeles, will manage sales of the Gefran ISI product lines. She joins Gefran with nearly a decade of technical sales management experience in the sensing and control industries.
- Bosch Rexroth Corp. (Hoffman Estates, IL) announces Langley Borneman as director of controlling and administration-linear motion and assembly technologies. Borneman assumes responsibility for all of the technology group's finance and administration activities, including human resources.
- RuleStream Corp. (Wakefield, MA) announces Robert Nierman as chief executive officer. Nierman's appointment accelerates RuleStream's efforts to capitalize on new opportunities that have been created through the emergence and rapid growth of rules-driven product management.
- Ron Emerman joins Universal Laser Systems Inc. (Scottsdale, AZ) as director of finance and information management. Emerman's experience encompasses more than 30 years of domestic and international leadership positions. David Wilhite joins the company as its marketing coordinator. He will be responsible for assisting in the marketing of VersaLaser, the Professional Series and XL Series lines of laser cutting and engraving systems.
- Michael Zhu joins ASI DataMyte Inc. (Plymouth, MN) as director of sales and marketing, China, and will manage the company's new Shanghai-based operations. This office will be the support base for the company's Asian distribution network, and will provide direct sales and support to the Chinese market through additional local offices in the North and South of China.
- Chris Cleland joins Dynatech Technology Inc. (Horsham, PA) as western region sales manager. He will be responsible for Dynatech United States manufacturers' representatives and customers on the West Coast, as well as in Baja and Sonora, Mexico and British Columbia. He will be based in the Los Angeles area.
- Toshiba America (Princeton, NJ) announces the appointment of Vincent J. Giovinco as national sales manager, ME/FA Group. Giovinco will oversee sales and marketing activities of the Toshiba brand industrial video cameras used in factory automation, machine vision and nondestructive testing.
- Pete Gerhardinger, vice president of technology of Engineered Glass Products (Chicago), and his engineering team created the assembly to improve the safety, reliability and costs of combining glass and technology. With more than 25 years of experience in research and development, Gerhardinger has eight patents to his name.
FKI Logistex (St. Louis) announces the appointments of Glen Chambers as regional director and Paul Swietlinksi as business development manager for the Canadian operations of its North American manufacturing systems unit.