BOXBOROUGH, MA- TÜV Rheinland is celebrating 140 years of delivering premier independent certification, testing and assessment services to businesses around the world. The company is known for employing innovative ideas, solid technical knowledge and a global network to ensure the safety and quality in interactions between people, technology and the environment.
What began in 1872 as an entrepreneurial endeavor to inspect steam boilers in the districts of Elberfeld and Barmen in Germany, now has grown into a network of acknowledged laboratories and test and training centers with 500 locations in more than 60 countries and 16,000 employees. The oldest testing and certification company in the world, TÜV Rheinland tests and certifies technical systems, products and services, supports projects and designs processes for companies in nearly all industrial sectors and areas of life and business.
Businesses use TÜV Rheinland’s services to effectively enter domestic and international markets. The company assures its clients’ success by adhering to uniform, high standards of safety and quality while meeting strict time-to-market requirements in a cost-efficient manner.
In addition to investing in and enhancing its existing capabilities, the company also makes strategic acquisitions and builds new laboratories to assure a leading position in important and emerging markets. For example, the company’s recent additions of railway and materials testing capabilities, combined with its already extensive in-house expertise, have made TÜV Rheinland a leading worldwide provider of such services. The company’s photovoltaic testing laboratory in Arizona is one of six such laboratories in the company’s global network, giving it a leadership position in the rapidly growing solar power industry. Additionally, TÜV Rheinland’s recent commissioning of the new high-technology product testing facility in Arkansas has greatly expanded the company’s capabilities for consumer product safety and environmental testing capabilities.
TÜV Rheinland Celebrates 140-Year Anniversary
May 24, 2012