LMI Technologies (LMI) announced the NTEP certification in the US (National Conference on Weights and Measures - NCWM) of its Gocator 2490 Legal for Trade Packaging & Logistics Measurement Solution for use in package dimensioning applications.
LMI Technologies’ LFT-certified measurement solution includes the ultra-wide field of view Gocator 24902490A-2-R-16-T laser profile sensor for data acquisition; a spring-loaded linear encoder that initiates 3D line profile capture for precise synchronization with conveyor belt movement; pre-configured on-sensor job files for applying standard dimensional measurements; a PC-based conveyor configuration utility for adjusting the measurement region of the sensor to match the conveyor; and a measurement display. This display provides the user interface, reports alignment status, allows the user to trigger alignment, reports measurements out of range, and clears alignment if the sensor temperature changes by 5 degrees or more.
Customers interested in deploying a Legal for Trade dimensioning system at multiple sites, or integrated in an OEM machine, can purchase all components from LMI or source the required encoder and measurement display from a third-party supplier. Standalone, the Gocator 2490 is an ultra-wide field of view laser profiler that is ideal for package dimensioning applications.
About Gocator 2490:
• Large field of view and measurement range allows the system to adapt to the conveyor, mounting and package requirement
• Able to support conveyor speeds of up to 500 feet/minute, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
• Certified to measure packages within 0.2 inches in length and width and 0.1 inches in height
The Gocator 2490 Legal for Trade sensor from LMI includes custom jobfiles that perform dimensioning on-sensor. These files are locked and cannot be accessed. OEM customers developing their own outbound dimensioning system can purchase the 2490 standard product and implement the same functionality. Please contact LMI to learn more.
• Preconfigured jobfiles are used for alignment and measurement
• Sensor reports profile width to conveyor configuration utility
• Sensor outputs dimensions to Smart Display over Modbus
• Benefits to the System Integrator:
• Out-of-the-box LFT-certified device for accurate dimensional measurement
• Built-in Modbus support for communication with the Smart Display
• Smart Display program for Legal-for-Trade conformant measurement output is available upon request