InnovMetric, the independent software development company that empowers manufacturers of every size to digitally transform their 3D measurement processes, is launching of PolyWorks® 2023. This new release expands the PolyWorks universal 3D metrology platform to offer a digital ecosystem integrated into the four phases of a manufacturing organization’s global dimensional management process: product design, process design, validation, and production.
In addition to optimizing the performance of 3D measurement teams through universal platform enhancements, PolyWorks 2023 further reduces the cost of measuring in 3D in three different ways:
• PolyWorks offers improved Model-Based Definition (MBD) and Measurement System Analysis (MSA) digital workflows that help manufacturing organizations minimize the number of software used within their global dimensional management process.
• The PolyWorks data management solution can now be deployed in less than 15 minutes in the cloud and be interconnected with a corporate identity server.
• Finally, PolyWorks integrates new root cause analysis tools into its data management solution that can automatically identify the factors that impact production quality.
The PolyWorks|Inspector™ solution helps reduce time-to-market by measuring, controlling, and analyzing 3D dimensions at every stage of the product and process design phases. With PolyWorks|Inspector 2023, 3D measurement specialists can now set up measurement templates and perform 3D measurement tasks more efficiently. They can:
• Analyze and edit large measurement sequences quickly by finding steps using keyword searches or navigating through step types, such as errors and warnings;
• Replace the source objects of a dependent feature and preserve all related objects, data alignments, and reports created from this feature;
• Create curve-based features in a single click over a polygonal model of a measured piece to rapidly inspect a piece without CAD data.
Mixed reality display technologies provide localized visual guidance, measurement feedback, and access to inspection functionalities, without encumbering the hands of operators. The PolyWorks|AR™ 2023 mixed reality app offers new powerful tools to guide laser scanning, review inspection results, and collaborate with colleagues. Users can now:
• Position the hologram of the PolyWorks|Inspector 3D Scene window within the operator’s field of view to see scanning progression, perform additional scanning in areas of poor data quality, and pinpoint exactly where to scan features;
• Review feature deviations and color maps directly over the measured piece;
• Call colleagues through Microsoft Teams to review inspection results collaboratively and discuss manufacturing issues efficiently.
The PolyWorks|PMI+Loop™ Model-Based Definition solution allows manufacturing organizations to manage all the dimensional controls defined by the design and manufacturing teams within their native CAD platform. By associating dimensional controls to CAD geometries within CAD software, PolyWorks|PMI+Loop can automatically update these controls when the CAD model is modified and provide the digital traceability needed to accelerate the integration of a CAD design change within an inspection project. With version 2023, InnovMetric has improved the speed of its MBD solution by an order of magnitude and significantly reduced CAD file size. PolyWorks|PMI+Loop is available for the Siemens NX, PTC Creo, and DS SolidWorks CAD platforms.
Report Abusive Comment