MIAMI-The American Welding Society’s (AWS) Welding in Aircraft and Aerospace Conference, to be held September 16 and 17, 2008, in Wichita, KS, will emphasis new uses of alternative materials and improved processes.
Featuring aircraft and aerospace industry experts, this two-day event will explore innovations and solutions in the aircraft and aerospace industry. Primary discussion topics include the critical benefits of using particular welding processes, including friction stir, fiber laser, ultrasonic, electron beam and gas-shielded welding. Experts also will discuss challenges associated with the growing role of titanium and the emergence of aluminum-lithium alloys.
Event speakers are currently serving for companies and organizations such as Boeing, Eclipse Aviation, NASA, Sciaky Inc., Alcan Aerospace and the Edison Welding Institute.
Additional program topics include:
• Potential uses for fiber lasers in aerospace application
• Electron beam system technology
• High-powered ultrasonics
• Manufacturing and repair of nickel and titanium
• Development of the third-generation of aluminum lithium alloys
• Welding the Ares 1 spacecraft
• Laser weldbonding of thin aluminum structures
For more information, call (800) 443-9353 ext. 455 or visit www.aws.org/conferences.
AWS Aircraft and Aerospace Welding Conference 2008
July 2, 2008