Six Sigma is dead! Long live Six Sigma!
About Six Sigma
- Yellow—The integrator. A yellow belt is a member of the core Six Sigma team but is not a project lead. The yellow belt is often responsible for process mapping.
- Green—The deployment expert. A green belt serves as a leader of some smaller projects but works primarily in project deployment. A green belt needs working knowledge of the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) model.
- Black—The leader. A black belt supervises project execution and has a full understanding of Six Sigma management and principles.
- Master Black Belts—The coach. A Master Black Belt, Champion-appointed, dedicates 100% of work time to Six Sigma projects, often working with Champions to identify projects and coaching Black and Green Belts through projects.
- Champion—The overseer. The Champion makes sure the Black Belts can focus on projects, removing roadblocks to success.