The Quality Show
GE and NASA will be there…Will you?
The Quality Show, billed as the only trade show and conference focused exclusively on quality education, technology, equipment, and products, will take place October 27-29, 2015, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL, and will include two keynote presentations, 18 educational sessions, an awards presentation ceremony, networking opportunities, and a bevy of exhibitions of the latest services and equipment the quality industry has to offer.
A highlight of the show will be keynote presentations by industry powerhouses GE Aviation and NASA. On Wednesday, October 28th, Bryce Currie, Senior Executive of Global Quality, GE Aviation, will present, “Strategy, Culture and Continuous Improvement.” On Thursday, October 29th, Scott Edward Darpel, Chief Safety Officer of the Reliability and Quality Division, NASA, will give yet another dynamic address titled “Aerospace Quality Assurance for High Risk Research Payloads.”
During both show days there will also a number of educational sessions, to be offered free of charge to all attendees. The educational sessions will include:
- The 3D Metrologist’s Roadmap to CMS Certification
- The Philosophy of Lean: Wax On!, presented by Dr. Kurt Stuke, CMQ/OE, CQA, LSSBB; Adecco US
- Building Internal Lean Six-Sigma Training, presented by Katie Wolters, Continuous Improvement Engineer, BSI, MA, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and Karen Johnson, Process Improvement Manager, BSIE, MBA, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Denver Public Schools
- Breaththrough Improvement Using Excel, presented by Jay Arthur, creator of QI Macros for Excel; President & CEO, KnowWare International, Inc.
- The Value of Professional Certifications, presented by Jim Spichiger, Chair Elect, ASQ Inspection Division
- Quality Solutions for Dealing with Change and Uncertainty, presented by John Knappenberger, ANAB President and CEO
- Measurement Confidence, presented by Dilip Shah, President - E= mc3 Solutions, ASQ Fellow, ASQ CQE, CQA, CCT
- ISO 9001:2015: An Overview of the Changes, presented by Mark Ames, President, ASQ Management Systems
- Specifying, Analyzing and Interpreting ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited Services, presented by Dilip Shah, President - E= mc3 Solutions, ASQ Fellow, ASQ CQE, CQA, CCT.
- Modular Kaizen; Integrating Quality into Daily Operation, presented by Grace L. Duffy, President, Management and Performance Systems
- Implementing Lean Six Sigma in the Absence of Common Sense!, presented by T.M. Kubiak, Founder and President, Performance Improvement Solutions
- It’s About to Get Real! Presented by Karen Spencer, Quality Manager and Steve Helfer, General Manager, Clinkenbeard an M2M group Company
“We developed a dynamic educational program to keep our attendees current on trends, advancements and the future of quality manufacturing,” said Darrell Dal Pozzo, Group Publisher of Quality Magazine. “We are pleased to be offering two top-notch keynote presentations and several exciting showcase theater presentations which have been developed with our programming partners CMSC and ASQ as well as other industry leaders including Carl Zeiss Industrial Metrology, InfinityQS, Oxford Instruments, Starrett Company, Tinius Olsen and Mitutoyo.”
Prior to Currie’s keynote presentation, the editors of Quality Magazine will present the Professional of the Year Award to T.M. Kubiak, President and Owner of Performance Improvement Solutions, and the Plant of the Year Award to Clinkenbeard.
“In addition to our conference program, we are also very excited to be presenting two of the most prestigious awards in the industry during the keynote presentation to the company and plant of the year,” said Dal Pozzo.
Quality Magazine first awarded the Plant of the Year Award in 2005. The award recognizes companies that have reduced scrap, rework, warranty, and manufacturing costs; improved productivity or cycle time; increased capacity; and/or improved adherence to quality standards.
The Professional of the Year Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated the commitment and vision in supporting the development and growth of the quality field.
In addition to the conference sessions, exhibiting companies, and presentations, attendees with also have the opportunity to network with thousands of quality professionals and decision-makers and buyers. Networking opportunities will include a welcome reception on Tuesday, October 27th to kick off the show experience, and another networking reception on Wednesday, October 28th to continue conversations off the show floor.
Even if you can’t make it
In addition to the conference sessions, exhibiting companies, and presentations, three webinars will be offered on Wednesday, October 28th for industry professionals who are unable to attend the show:
- InfinityQS International, Inc. Session, presented by Eric Weisbrod, Technical Services Manager at InfinityQS International, will discuss how more manufacturers than ever recognize the high demands of today’s quality-sensitive world and are deploying quality management systems.
- Reduce Operator Influence on Inspection in Production Session will discuss how quickly and reliably obtaining ISO-compliant, traceable and reproducible inspection results in production should be the goal of all manufacturers.
- Starrett Company Session