BETHEL, CT — During the Society of Plastics Engineers ANTEC 2016, SPE will honor the newest Fellows of the Society—members who have made outstanding contributions in plastics science, engineering, or management.
ANTEC 2016, the world’s largest plastics technical conference, will take place May 23-25 at the JW Marriott Indianapolis in Indianapolis.
Candidates for the Fellows honor must be sponsored by an SPE division or special interest group. The SPE Fellows Election Committee considers eligible candidates on the basis of a personal history as well as written sponsorships from two SPE members. Only 321 members, counting the newest inductees, have been elected Fellows since the honor was established in 1984.
The honorees are:
● Dr. Rong-Yeu Chang, chairman and CEO of CoreTech System (Moldex3D) Co. Ltd.
● Dr. Bharat Chaudhary, principal research scientist at The Dow Chemical Company.
● Dr. Stéphane Costeux, R&D fellow at The Dow Chemical Company.
● Tom Dunn, managing director, Flexpacknology, LLC.
● Dr. Mridula Kapur, materials science fellow at The Dow Chemical Company.
● Dr. Masaya Kotaki, general manager of Kaneka US Material Research Center.
● Dr. David Kusuma, VP product development and worldwide R&D at Tupperware Brands.
● Dr. Stephen McCarthy, distinguished professor, University of Massachusetts—Lowell.
● Roger Reinicker, now a consultant after a 41-year career at BASF Corp.
● Dr. Luyi Sun, president of the Chinese American Society of Plastics Engineers.
● Dr. Costas Tzoganakis, professor of chemical engineering at the University of Waterloo.
● Dr. Karen Xiao, extrusion technology leader, Celgard, LLC.
Prospective ANTEC attendees can register online at www.antec.ws.