Laser scanning is quickly becoming more and more commonplace among manufacturers, regardless of industry. In recent years, laser scanning hardware and software have improved considerably, resulting in a streamlined system that can capture vast detail rapidly.
Here are reasons to adopt laser scanning in your factory today:
- Simplicity: Thanks to an increasingly streamlined interface, scanner operations more so resemble digital cameras than complicated machines.
- Movability: Laser scanners are smaller than ever before. As a result, they are easily portable, making measurement a more flexible process.
- Safety: Operators can easily collect data from a distance, even up to 1,000 feet away. This permits operators to information while remaining far from any hazardous machinery. Its rapid data collection also means less time on the shop floor.
- Speediness and Effectiveness: Operators can capture complete color scans in a matter of minutes. This helps them paint a highly accurate picture, rapidly.
- Produce a variety of deliverables: Once the scene has been laser scanned, various types of final products can be extracted or produced from the data. For example, anything from a traditional 2D drawing to a detailed 3D animation can be created from the scan data.
- Affordable: Laser scanners are becoming more and more affordable. Over the past couple of years, the cost of 3D laser scanning and the scanning process has dropped considerably.
- Shareable: More software tools are available to view and document the scan data without the requirement of installing software or purchasing additional licenses.