Companies honored with Awards of Excellence receive prominent coverage in MetalForming magazine; recognition at PMA’s Annual Meeting and the 2010 FABTECH tradeshow; a $1,500 cash prize and commemorative plaque; and key presence on PMA’s website, visited by nearly 100,000 industry professionals annually.
The 2010 awards will recognize excellence within the following areas:
- The Higgins-Caditz Design Award, the industry's highest recognition for designing and engineering excellence, is presented to an innovative metalforming company for creative and effective product design.
- The A.R. Hedberg Training and Education Award recognizes a PMA member company for notable efforts to technically train and educate its employees by instituting a total training program throughout the company.
- The Waukesha Metal Products Excellence in Quality Award recognizes a PMA manufacturing member for outstanding achievement in the development and implementation of a company-wide quality system that effectively uses continuous improvement.
- The Pitcher Insurance Agency Safety Award recognizes a metalforming company for either an effective comprehensive safety program or a specific innovative idea in the context of an effective safety program.
- The Link Systems Process Control Award promotes the application of electronic analog closed-loop process controls in metalforming by recognizing innovative electronic solutions (implemented by a North American manufacturing company) that have resulted in significant quality, cost reduction and/or productivity improvements.
- The Ulbrich Award for Competitive Excellence in Product Development recognizes a metalforming company that develops and manufactures a product that best utilizes metal in place of a competitive material, or that develops a product using flat-rolled material at a significant cost reduction to customers on a product that was previously manufactured using more costly manufacturing processes.
- The Zierick Manufacturing Corporation Productivity Award recognizes outstanding achievement by a PMA manufacturing member in the development and implementation of programs, processes and utilization of assets that lead to significant improvements in productivity.
- The Clips and Clamps Industries Educational Institution Award recognizes a public or private educational institution that provides exemplary training and education services to companies in the metalforming industry.