COLUMBUS, OH - The ASNT board of directors announces the nominees and candidates for officer and director positions for the 2009–2010 term. The nominees for chair of the board, president and vice president are:
- Chair of the board: Jocelyn A. Langlois
- President: Joel W. Whitaker
- Vice President: Ricky L. Morgan.
The qualified candidates for the position of secretary/treasurer in accordance with the ASNT Bylaws are: -Secretary/Treasurer: Raymond G. Morasse - Secretary/Treasurer: Robert J. Potter. Qualified nominees for the open director at large positions are: - Director at Large: Gary Heath (one-year term)
- Director at Large: Michael J. Ruddy (three-year term)
- Director at Large: Kevin D. Smith (three-year term)
- Director at Large: Sharon I. Vukelich (three-year term).
Nominees for council directors on the board of directors are:
- Certification Management Council Director: L. Terry Clausing
- Research Council Director: Lisa Brasche
- Section Operations Council Director: Roger D. Wallace
- Technical and Education Council Director: Thom Schafer.
Additionally, petitions to be placed on the July ballot as a candidate for any officer or director position must be received by June 1, 2009. Petitions for chair of the board, president and vice president must be signed by at least 5% of the Society’s voting members, including a minimum of 10 members from 10 different sections. Petitions for secretary/treasurer or director require the signatures of at least 2% of the voting ASNT members, including at least five members each from a minimum of 20 sections.
On July 7, 2009, all members for whom ASNT has an e-mail address will receive balloting notification e-mails that will include voting instructions, a voter login identification and a link to the election Web page. ASNT will also mail paper ballots to all voting members for whom it has no e-mail address and by request. Completed ballots must be received on or before August 21, 2009.
Election results will be posted by September 1, 2009.