Laser Alignment Tool
Pinpoint Laser Systems announced the launch of their latest laser alignment tool, the Microgage PRO.
The Microgage PRO features ease-of-use and includes user instructions and the operations manual right on board for easy access. The system operates with 3 primary components; a laser transmitter, a digital receiver, and a high tech, “smart display.” A precise laser beam forms a straight reference line for a machine or assembly and each receiver measures in two axial directions, horizontal and vertical (X & Y). The path of the laser beam can be a few inches up to 180 feet and the state of the art touchscreen display provides accurate readings as small as 0.0001 inch (2.5 micron). Intelligently designed receivers are available, in a variety of configurations, including convenient wireless options that improve measuring range and durability, and give users the advantage of not being tied down in the field.
An enhanced onboard microprocessor provides step-by-step instructions for the user and allows for the storage of thousands of measurement readings with notes, all inside a durable industrial enclosure that is easy to hold and use in the field.
Using the three basic Microgage PRO components, long assemblies, machinery, and fixtures can be easily measured and aligned with great precision over long distances. Adding other Microgage accessories enables the user to measure and align flatness, squareness, parallelism, bores, spindles, and many other geometric parameters.
Other features of the Microgage PRO include:
- Precise to 0.0001 inches (2.5 µ) at up to 180 feet (55 meters)
- Provides alignment update in real time
- Touchscreen and keypad with multifunction buttons
- Onscreen step-by-step alignment instructions
- Powerful microprocessor for computing and storage
- Stores thousands of readings and notes
- Connects easily to PC for data uploads and analysis
- Wide variety of mounts and fixtures available
- Features an “easy-grip handle” for comfort and portability
- Multiple (4) receiver capability