Portable Surface Finish Gage
Mahr Federal has introduced an updated version of its Pocket Surf portable surface finish gage. The new Pocket Surf IV builds on that reputation with updated electronics and additional features to keep the product current for years to come.
Like its predecessors, the new Pocket Surf IV is simple to use and easy to read, displaying measurement results of Ra, Rz, or Rmax at a glance. However, a new feature of the Pocket Surf IV allows for the display of each of these values with only one measurement stroke. Calibration of the new unit has also been made simpler with a single button calibration process that is fast, secure and does not require additional tools.
The new Pocket Surf IV employs Mahr’s unique MarConnect universal interface which allows USB, RS-232 or Digimatic output of data simply by choosing the right cable. When used with MarCom software, data can easily be transferred into Microsoft Excel or any Microsoft application.
The New Pocket Surf IV does not give up any of the original features found in the original Pocket Surf I, which revolutionized the portable surface gage market over 30 years ago. Long-valued features in these products include:
- Four switchable probe positions – axial (folded) or at 90°, 180° or 270°
- Easy access to difficult-to-reach surfaces such as inside and outside diameters
- Simple one-button operation to start the measuring stroke
- Easy-to-read LCD readout of the measured roughness value, in microinches or micrometers, within half a second after the surface is traversed
- Out-of-range (high or low) and “battery low” signals displayed
- Selectable traverse lengths of 1, 3 or 5 cut-offs of 0.8 mm/0.030 in.
- Operates in any position – horizontal, vertical, and upside down
In addition, the new Pocket Surf IV is still solidly built, with a durable cast aluminum housing to provide years of accurate reliable surface finish gaging. The new product is also compatible with all existing probes, stands and accessories.
Pocket Surf IV comes in its own carrying case with riser plate, 9-volt battery and certified reference specimen. It is available in two configurations with either a 10 um or 5 um radius tip on the standard general-purpose probe provided.
Mahr Federal Inc.