ANN ARBOR, MI — The Association for Advancing Automation announced the keynote speakers for its annual A3 Business Forum, Feb. 3-5, 2016 at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort in Orlando, Fla.
With more than 500 global automation executives scheduled to attend, this year’s forum is on track to be the biggest yet, with topics ranging from robotics, economics, business transformation, and service excellence, to hiring and retaining top talent.
• Dennis Snow, president of Snow and Associates. “Leading a Culture of Service Excellence,” 5:15-6:15 p.m. Feb. 3.
• Luke Williams, New York University Stern School of Business. “Disrupt: Think The Unthinkable to Spark Transformation in Your Business,” 8:30-9:30 a.m. Feb. 4.
• Alan Beaulieu, Institute of Trends Research. “The Global Economic Outlook: How to Prepare for What Lies Ahead,” 10:15-11:15 a.m. Feb. 4.
• James Kuffner, Toyota Research Institute. “Intelligent Robotics and Automation in a Cloud-Connected World,” Friday, February 5, from 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
• Dolly Penland, Predictive Results. “How to Attract, Hire, and Retain Top Talent,” 10:15-10:45 a.m. Feb. 5.
“Bringing together the leading executives in robotics, vision, imaging, motion control, and motors from around the world creates alignment on the key trends and issues that are defining our market,” said Jeff Burnstein, President of A3. “The Forum is filled with lively discussions about technology advancements, as well as networking among suppliers, partners, and distributors. This is also a place where many business deals are made – all of which help our members remain competitive in their global markets. It’s an invaluable resource they rely on year after year.”
“The A3 Business Forum provides the automation industry with the perfect intersection of critical technology and business discussions,” said James Kuffner, area lead for cloud computing at the Toyota Research Institute. “I’m excited to be a part of this event and to have an opportunity to discuss how networked-connected robots can improve capability by leveraging distributed computing and data stored in the cloud.”
In addition to the keynote speakers, the forum will also feature several other well-known industry stalwarts, such as John Markoff, New York Times reporter and author of the recently published book “Machines of Loving Grace: The Quest for Common Ground Between Humans and Robots;” Martin Buehler, executive R&D imagineer with Walt Disney Imagineering; and Douglas Bellin, senior manager, Industry Lead at Cisco Systems.
“As a member of the RIA since 1999 and a Forum attendee since 2000, I have found this meeting to be an invaluable experience,” said Dean Elkins, senior general manager at Yaskawa Motoman and current chair of the A3 Board. “The bringing together of robot, vision, and motion expertise at the A3 Business Forum gives the attendee a unique opportunity to gain valuable technology and business information concerning automation solutions that can have a positive effect on their operations every day. This gathering of business and technology professionals allows for learning and networking in a setting that never disappoints!”
For more information, click here.
Report Abusive Comment