America Makes announces the election of its new Executive Committee—the main strategic advisory group for the Institute, focusing on strategy, policy, and advocacy.
The Executive Committee is comprised of three appointed government representatives and eight representatives elected from three sectors within its membership community—non-profits, academia, and industry. Executive Committee members serve two year terms.
“I am excited to begin working with this class of newly elected Executive Committee members,” said America Makes Executive Director John Wilczynski. “Our Executive Committees have always had membership diversification built into the structure. However, this Executive Committee has an additional level of diversity with representation from every part of the additive manufacturing value chain. They will play an integral role in providing strategic guidance and sharing their unique perspectives as we continue to execute our mission.”
The members of the America Makes 2020-2021 Executive Committee include:
• Stephanie Gaffney, Director of Advanced Manufacturing Program, Youngstown Business Incubator (YBI)
• Jeannine Kunz, Vice President, Tooling U-SME
• Sandra DeVincent Wolf, Director of Research Partnerships, College of Engineering Executive Director, NextManufacturing Center & Manufacturing Futures Initiative, Carnegie Mellon University
• Ed Herderick, Ph.D., Director of Additive Manufacturing, The Center for Design and Manufacturing Excellence (CDME), Ohio State University
• John Barnes, Founder, The Barnes Group Advisors
• Melanie Lang, Co-Founder & CEO, FormAlloy
• Jim Monroe, AM Director, American Additive Manufacturing, LLC
• Brian Rosenberger, LM Fellow, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
• Raymond “Corky” Clinton, Ph.D., Associate Director, Science and Technology Office, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
• Alan Pentz, Ph.D., Additive Manufacturing Implementation Lead, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy [Research, Development, Test, & Evaluation DASN (RDT&E)]
• Mike McKittrick, Ph.D., Program Manager – R&D Consortia, U.S. Department of Energy | Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Advanced Manufacturing Office
The Executive Committee convenes monthly via conference calls and annually at a face-to-face meeting during America Makes Members Meeting & Exchange (MMX) event held in Youngstown, OH, in the fall.
For more information, visit www.americamakes.us.