The ASQ Inspection Division will honor United States Air Force (USAF) Master Sergeant David A. Valdez as the 2020 Chuck Carter International Inspector of the Year. Valdez will be acknowledged at an award cermony to be held later this year.
Sergeant Valdez joined the Air Force in 1999. He is a USAF Metrology Laboratory Evaluator, Laboratory Certification Branch, USAF Metrology and Calibration (AFMETCAL) Division, Agile Combat Support (ACS) Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, located in Heath, Ohio. He is a sought after calibrator and trainer and has been constantly lauded by USAF senior leaders as "Highly motivated technician with a desire to excel at all tasks.” As a calibration technician, Valdez separated himself from the pack becoming certified in various calibration measurement area disciplines to include linear, temperature, pressure, angular, force, mass, torque, microwave frequency, DC/Low frequency, resistance, phase noise, capacitance, hi-voltage, RF power, TACAN and attenuation. His attention to detail and commitment to excellence separates him from his peers.
Awards and Decorations
Sergeant Valdez has a long history of superior performance as a calibration technician and leader. Below is a list of his awards in order of most recent to least:
- PMEL Evaluator (Senior NCO) of the Quarter, 2019
- USAF Meritorious Service Medal (MSM), 2018
- Maintenance Professional of the Year, 2017
- General Leo Marquez Award for Excellence, 2014
- PMEL Maintenance Support Professional of the Quarter, 2014
- Maintenance Professional of Quarter, 2013
- Maintenance Professional the Year, 2012
- Maintenance Professional of the Quarter 2002-2004
- Additional honors and awards to include 3 Commendation and 3 Achievement medals for service
Sergeant Valdez, his wife, Susan, and children Kai (16) and Keanu (12), moved to Pickerington, Ohio, from Germany in September 2019. He and Susan enjoy traveling and watching their children play baseball and football.
The Inspection Division has offered the Inspector of the Year Award since 1974. For a list of the previous award recipients, an award application, or additional information about the ASQ Inspection Division and the award visit https://my.asq.org/communities/files/folder/158/217.