Teledyne DALSA introduced its newest Genie Nano cameras with eight new monochrome and color models built around the industry’s best performing SONY® image sensors. These industry-first 5-Gigabit GigE Vision cameras feature resolutions from 3.2Mpixels to 12Mpixels with more models to follow before the end of the year – including a 5Mpixel Polarized model.
Engineered for imaging applications that require high-speed data transfer, these new Nano models are an easy replacement for cameras built into current vision systems that rely on the existing GigE vision interface standard. These new Genie Nano models feature the brand new 5GBASE-T link speed.
IEEE 802.3bz-2016 is the expanded standard for Ethernet over twisted pair copper wire at speeds of 2.5 Gbit/s and 5 Gbit/s. This creates intermediate speeds between existing standards 1Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet. The resulting standards are named 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T. 5GBASE-T technology allows Ethernet links to offer greater flexibility with new data rates of up to 5Gbps over commonly deployed Cat5e cabling. The technology boosts data throughput of up to 100 meters through twisted pair copper cabling.
Like all Genie Nano cameras, these new models are offered in a compact form and available in multiple resolutions ranging from 3.2MP to 12MP, with fast frame rates from 190 to 63 fps. System designers for industrial automation, electronics manufacturing, packaging, and semiconductor inspection, and general machine vision inspection, can expect a smooth integration path to extend the life of an existing system with little difficulty.
- Small footprint / lightweight; 59mm x 44mm x 32 mm
- Wide temperature range (-20 to 65°C) for imaging in harsh environments
- Power-Over-Ethernet (PoE) or 12-36Volt on the auxiliary connector
- Default option: 2 Inputs / 3 outputs Opto-coupled on 10-pin connector
- Support 1 Gigabit, 2.5 Gigabit and 5 Gigabit Ethernet link speed.
- up to 10 Gbps of internal image acquisition
- Support for Teledyne DALSA TurboDrive v2.0 technology