Top industry experts from FedEx, Universal Robots, Fetch Robotics, Ford Motor Company, Honeywell Intelligrated, Procter & Gamble, Rockwell, SICK, and more will be featured at the International Robot Safety Conference, presented by the Association for Advancing Automation (A3). The virtual event takes place September 20-22, 2021 and will examine key issues in robot safety, providing an in-depth overview of current industry standards related to industrial robot systems -- whether conventional, collaborative, or mobile.
“This is a can’t-miss event for integrators, manufacturers, and users to expand knowledge on how to safely deploy automation technology in their operations,” says A3 President Jeff Burnstein. “Coming out of the pandemic, there is a strong demand and need for automation technologies as companies are growing, and A3 is committed to prioritizing the safety of workers in these environments.”
IRSC will help businesses reduce risk by ensuring personnel are familiar with robot and machine safety as well as current robot safety standards. Industry leaders will provide real-world case studies and identify best practices on how to incorporate safety into existing and new projects.
Agenda highlights include:
• Perspectives from U.S. OSHA on industrial robot safety
• Introduction to the new industrial mobile robot safety standard R15.08-1
• Discussion of the “whys” behind the importance of safety with robotics from Carole Franklin, A3’s Director of Standards Development for Robotics
• Review of the lifecycle of robots and safety: from design, to integration, to using industrial robot systems
• Risk assessment and safety solutions
For more information, visit https://www.automate.org/a3-content/international-robot-safety-conference-agenda.